February 7th, 2012 by George Aspland
In this article on Search Engine Land I outline the steps I take to optimize a web page to try to improve organic search results, both increase rankings and improve click-throughs from the search listings including..
- Choosing The Keywords To Focus On
- Prioritizing Your Keywords.
- Check That Important Content On The Page Is Getting Indexed
- Ensure The Indexed Text Is Unique
- Try To Improve The Search Listings For The Keywords
- Update Or Add A Headline
- Optimize Existing Text
- Look For Text In Images
- Possibly Add New Content On The Page
- Develop Alt Tags for the Image Links
- Update the HTML Page Title and Meta Description Tag
- Increase Internal and External Links and Social Engagement