Improving Conversion Rates
Conversion Point Architecture & Usability
It's not just about getting traffic to your site, but what happens
once visitors reach the site. It's critical that your web site turns
visitors into inquires, qualified leads, and new business.
We can evaluate the ability of your web site to persuade your visitors
to take action and recommend modifications to the structure and
content of the site to help improve conversion rates.
Improving conversion rates on a web site can really pay off. Most
companies see returns of from $10 to $100 for every dollar invested
in conversion rate improvements.
The percentage of your web site traffic that takes the action
you desire - Whatever that action is. For some it's an immediate
sale, for others it's an inquiry or a newsletter subscription,
and for some it's a phone call or future visit to their facility,
Improve your web site conversions with a User
Experience Site Review
This is a great place to start increasing
business from your web site!
We call the art and science of building a compelling web site Conversion
Point Architecture. Building upon the science of Usability
and Psychology, it takes advantage of web technology and requires
an understanding of how web behavior differs from conventional buying
behavior. The goal is to insure that the site delivers an effective
persuasive path (some refer to this as a conversion funnel), provide
a successful branding experience and communicate the appropriate
Conversion Point Architecture
To start we may recommend a
User Experience and Conversion Point Review.
We start with a Target Audience Analysis to identify
typical users and their needs and then evaluate the following areas
of your web site:
- Usability Review
- Functionality of Key Areas
- Points of Failure
- Task Completion
- Download speed & other download issues
- Design Review
- Internal Pages
- Forms and Signup Procedures
- Grammar and Spelling
- Effectiveness of message
- Effectiveness of images
- Web Writing Style
- Conversion Point Architecture
- Definition of site objectives
- How effectively does content meet site objectives
- Images and look/feel contribution to Conversion Point Architecture
- How to measure Conversion Rate
- Review of "Sales Funnel" - Identification of essential
elements and recommendations for improvement
- Site Metrics (if available. See Web Site Analytics below)
- Conclusions from site metrics
Building on a User Experience and Conversion Point Review we may
suggest further site testing and possibly site redesign.
Typically we perform “user tests” on the existing site,
redesign prototypes, or competitor sites for functionality and Conversion
This is done with either verbal or lab testing of individual candidates
who meet the criteria for potential customers. This testing reveals
deeper insights into the issues tested in a Usability and User Experience
and Conversion Point Review and also covers:
- Brand Impact- what brand image does your site convey
- Value Proposition – How is it being perceived
- Look/Feel – what messages does the site convey, what emotions
does it evoke
- Content effectiveness - how is the message being received and
how compelling is it
- Conversion – Does the site answer the questions and provide
the information needed to convert visitors into customers
- Conversion Point Architecture during initial site design or
Lab/Video Testing of candidates includes:
- Video testing includes personality profiling and learning styles
testing of candidates to improve results.
- Video capture of body language, physical reactions, and eye
- Event log of every key stroke, application launch, page launch
and time on task
- Clickstream recording of entire mouse and screen activity
Additionally we can perform comparisons with competitive sites
as well for further insights.
The video recordings are delivered complete as recorded as well
as highlights videos which deliver selected activities to demonstrate
areas of the site which have room for improvement.
Improving conversion rates for Email Campaigns
We can improve the conversion rates of your email marketing campaigns,
increasing the percentage of readers who make a purchase or an inquiry
(or whatever the goal of the email campaign may be).
Ideal Email Campaigns:
- The email message links the reader back to a web site where
they can take some action.
- It should be a web site that you can make changes to within
a reasonable timeframe (ideally one where you can make changes
- You do periodic emails, not just one time, so that we can
make systemic improvements over time,
Or you do a large quantity email blast and have the ability
to send the messages in batches over a period of a month
or two so we can make changes for each batch and watch the
results in order to make systemic improvements.
Web Site Design/Redesign
We design or redesign web sites using Conversion Point Architecture
Design to dramatically improve conversion rates. It's a much different
approach than the typical site design process - See
Web Site Design/Redesign for more about Conversion Point Architecture
CONVERSION RATE 300%
Redesigned using Conversion Point Architecture
Read A Client Case Study:
Ready to have eVision improve your search engine results?
Call us at 203-481-8005 or use our contact form.